I don't have a specific recipe to share today, but rather feel inspired by my recent trip to Salzburg, Austria and touring sites from The Sound of Music to talk about my favorite things about coconuts and get folks to share some of theirs too! In my head I am singing "Coconut drops on Roses, warm coconut broth, brown paper packages with coconut oil inside.... these are a few of my favorite things...."
So in tribute to the newly repositioned coconut, here are some of my "favorite" things about Coconuts!
- Putting a tablespoon of coconut oil in warm water twenty minutes before a meal can help you feel fuller and more satiated so that you don't eat as much! From Eat Fat, Lose Fat
- The smell of coconut oil as you open the jar is a symphony for the senses! When you put coconut oil on your skin as a moisturizer, you get the bonus of a bit of fragrant "coconut" perfume...which I much prefer to chemical perfumes!
- You can even use coconut oil as a natural deodorant!
- A tablespoon or two of warm coconut oil can be slipped into a smoothie at the last moment to add some healthy fat at the last moment.
- Coconut milk elevates chicken soup from mundane to memorable.
- It's great to take a small jar of coconut oil on trips in your luggage as it is shelf stable and will ensure you have a source of good fats handy when you travel.
This posting was also posted at Real Food Wednesday on Kelly the Kitchen Kop's site.